Let’s be candid, nutrition is one of the more difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members undergo, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are regularly emerging.
Diets don’t lead to long-term success. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled correctly to function properly. Starving your body of important nutrients is bad for your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet by themselves actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since beginning our 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same approach when it comes to nutrition—keeping it simple! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in how you eat.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” added to our food have substantially changed over the years. We educate our members on making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program stand out?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important element of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members are trained that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, allowing your body to stay in “burn mode” rather than “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it supplies our bodies with needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food enters our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is consumed, our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members have smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they eat those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you give your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our total health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps alleviate muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend loads of money on fad diets, special meals that tally points, tracking calories or cutting every tasty food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to sign up! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's program too!